Partner with Us
Welcome to the Partnerships page. By God’s grace we are working right now to complete this Website and bring you the context and the connections you may need to start praying for, serving in, and partnering with church planters in the Metro-New York area.
Partners are helping us tell the story of New York City and how God longs to see New Yorkers and the nations come to know Christ. Advocates are needed to inspire their circles of influence to also Pray, Participate, Provide and Promote. Church Planters, People groups, neighborhoods and apartment buildings need Partners who will champion the cause of doing whatever it takes to reach them for Christ.
- Will you pray about getting yourself, your family, your church, your foundation, your business involved somehow in this work?
- Will you pray about sending short-term mission teams consistently over time to help one of our planters?
- Will you pray about financially sponsoring a church planter?
- Will you pray about sending our your best to plant a church in Metro-NYC?
- Will you pray about helping that church become a multiplying church that plants more churches in Metro-NYC?
Thank you for your yes. Please contact Steve Allen to start a conversation.
- Pursuing a 20/20 Vision: NYC Church Planting’s vision is to begin planting 20 churches locally and 20 churches globally, on an annual basis, by 2020.
Why New York?
- We can think of 22 million reasons why.
- only two and a half percent active, Evangelical
- only six percent attend an Evangelical church on any given Sunday.
There is great spiritual receptivity, however, and people are very open to conversing about spiritual matters.
How partners help
Although Southern Baptists have seen a significant increase in church starts since 2001, we have a long, long way to go. We still represent far less than one percent of the total population. To accomplish our God-given assignment, we need partners to help us in four main areas: prayer support, mission involvement, financial giving and advocacy. These are also called Pray, Participate, Provide and Promote.
- Prayer is essential for the work of planting a church. Planters are stepping out of their comfort zones and church families to follow God’s leading. Their work is spiritually challenging and the warfare is overwhelming without a solid base of prayer support. Partners are needed who will be on prayer teams, conduct prayer walks, meet for special seasons of prayer, and adopt a neighborhood for which to pray.
- Pitch In – Missions teams also play a strategic part of starting a church. They break ground through prayer walking. They provide the needed hands and help for outreach events like block parties, sports camps, servant evangelism, distributions, surveys, etc. Volunteer mission teams who participate touch greater numbers of people in a community than a church planter or his team could ever touch alone. Mission teams encourage the church planter and their team by their helping hands and hearts. Some individuals serve as short-term interns or lifelong team members for a church plant.
- Provide – The New York City Metro Area is the most expensive place to live in the US. Residents of the Tri-State NYC Metro also have a much higher level of education than the US average. In order to reach people who feel they have everything they need, planting a church requires a great deal of financial resources. In addition, experience has shown that it is important to live among the people you are trying to reach. Planting a church in affluent community is often beyond the financial means of a planter by themselves. Partners must come alongside planter to help them afford to live among those they seek to influence with the Gospel.
- Promote – New York City is “the world in a city.” While the world is here on our American doorstep, American Christians have traveled halfway around the world to reach out to the very people God has Providentially brought to our very doorstep. While international missions overseas is still a critically necessary task in fulfilling the Great Commission, we can literally reach peoples from our “Jerusalem, Judea, Samaria and the uttermost” right here.
What is more, New York is not the unwelcoming, scary, unreceptive place that many have imagined. NYC is an amazing, stimulating, fascinating, energizing field awaiting harvest for the Kingdom of God! The “rest of the story” needs to be told.